The International Mine Warfare Technology Symposium series is the only US Navy-sponsored event that has sole focus on naval mine warfare and related technologies.
This event is jointly sponsored by the Mine Warfare Association and the US Naval Postgraduate School – and held every odd year in Monterey, California USA.
With COVID restrictions still in place, an intensive virtual symposium will happen 25-27 May 2021. As with the past editions, this conference is unclassified, allowing foreign participation. https://minwara.org/symposium/
Most of the sessions will be open to media. While there is no charge for media to attend, pre-registration is required in order to gain access to the event’s app. https://minwara.org/symposium/register/
Each of the three seminar days will have a plenary session featuring a variety of speakers and topics.
Confirmed speakers to date include…
- US Fleet Forces Commander
- Commander, US Seventh Fleet
- N95 and N95B, Expeditionary Warfare
- Director of the NATO Naval Mine Warfare Centre of Excellence
- Australian Director General Combat Management & Payload Systems
- Australian Director General Littoral
- Representatives from: MCMRON-7; CTF-52; Naval Surface and Mine Warfighting Development Center; ONR and NSWC-PCD; et al.
This is certainly a must participate event for all of those in the Naval Defence-Industrial Complex involved in the Mine and Countermine Warfare sector.
To see the complete latest schedule of events, go to: https://minwara.org/symposium/agenda.pdf